The Rubberised Level Crossing System was first introduced in India by Metalastik Manufacturing Company Pvt. Ltd. in 2005 in Eastern Railway successfully.
It is a proven technology to join the rail and road interfaces by rubber pads making a flexible smooth vehicular road surface on the rail track. This crossing system replaces bitumen or concrete roads with several advantages like operational flexibility, maintenance free long life, easy access for track maintenance etc.
The rubberized level crossing system has a successful long history of few decades in the foreign railways. In India Metalastik has introduced the design and technology for this system has a proven track performance of more than 40 years in foreign railways. The MMC technology for Xing system adopted in India differs a little from being used in abroad looking towards the Indian climates, track conditions, load factors, availability of raw material and pricing.
Scope of Work
- Rubberized level crossing system covers two sectors :
a. Manufacturing and supply of rubber pads and allied components.
b. Installation of rubber pad at the track (In India).
- The rubberized level crossing system can be used in all X-ings having any kind of sleepers.
- The type of rubber X-ing may be classified as Pedestrian, Light duty and Heavy Duty considering vehicle load conditions and TVU.
- It is applicable for various rails like UIC 60, UIC 52, BS 100, BS 90, BS 80, JIS 60.
- It is applicable on straight, curve (max 6 deg) and skew type gates.
- Any rail joint by welding or fishplate is not allowed inside the xing area.
- A little change in dimension of rubber pad occurs between hot and cold seasons, but it does not affect the service or quality.