|Sl. No||Classification||Size of Each Pad(Nominal)
Length x Width#
|Area of the Rubberized Road||Placing Position||Quantity Reqd per Width Single Track*|
|01||Gauge Pad||1200 mm x 870 mm||3.5 Mtr Width x Length along the rail in multiple of 1.2 Mtr.||Inside rail||02 Nos|
|02||Field Pad||1200 mm x 745 mm||Outside rail||02 Nos|
|03||Concrete Edge Beam||2400 mm x 330 mm||Adjacent to sleeper end||As required|
* Total quantity required depends on the length of track including safety distance. # Width given based on 60 Kg rail track
|Sl No||Description||Drawing No|
|1||Assemble drawing No.||MMC/LCP/Assembly/001-004|
|2||Rubberized X-ing Surface||MMC/LCP/Rubber/001|
|3||Rubber Pad for Level X-ing System||MMC/LCP/Rubber/002|
|4||Clamping Arrangement for Rubber X-ing (Including Rubber Plug, Locking Inserts & End Clamp)||MMC/LCP/Rubber/003|
|5||Concrete Edge Beam||MMC/LCP/Rubber/004|
Minimum Track Requirement to install Rubber Xing Pad
The following parameters are essential to follow during installation of MMC X-ing System
- The concrete sleepers should be 600mm spacing apart.
- The track should have proper alignment throughout the length.
- The ballast should be filled in between sleepers upto to sleeper height.
- The ballast should have good packing to avoid displacement of sleeper.
- Screening (deep or shallow) of the track is advisable before installation of rubber pad
- It is advisable not to use worn out sleeper or rail.
- Any rail joint by welding or fishplate is not allowed inside the xing area.
- Rubber pads are manufactured from suitable blend of high grade VIRGIN natural and synthetic elastomers, fibres, protective agents, reinforcing fillers, stabilizer etc. to make the Xing system tough and ability to work under severe atmospheric condition for several years.
- The manufacturing process of MMC X-ing pad differs from general rubber products in consideration with its unique compounding system, mixing in automated equipment, curing in specially designed high pressure two stage moulding machine and above all consistent control over them.
- Every stage of manufacturing is monitored and controlled according to stipulated QC parameters.
Properties of Rubber X-ing
The physical and chemical properties of rubber meet the technical requirements given in the specification MMC/Spec/LCP/001. This requirements have been designed considering very tough conditions in Indian tracks on LC gates. However the properties can be modified according to the customer's requirements.
Load Bearing Capacity
The "MMC" rubber X-ing system is capable to take continuous vehicle load for different classes of level crossings including National & State highways in all seasons. Also it takes load as specified in IRC Class AA standard.
Material should withstand the following environmental conditions under service.
a. Ambient temperature ranging (-) 10 deg C to (+) 50 deg C
b. Rail temperature ranging from (-) 20 deg C to (+) 75 deg C
c. Humidity range 100 %
d. Rainfall & fully continuous water logging
e. Overhead Electric traction upto 25KV AC
Resistance to Chemicals
The "MMC" Xing Road is resistance to the following chemicals coming in contact from leakage from running vehicles:
Brake Fluid, Ethylene Glycol, Ammonia, Ethanol, Methanol, Glycerol, Hydrochloric Acid, Sulfuric Acid (30 %), Sodium Hydroxide (50 %), Salt Water, Rain Water.
The change in weight observed in these fluids after 72 hrs. at 50 deg C is max 0.80 %.
Maintenance of Rubber X-ing Road
- No additional care to be taken for maintenance of rubber pads.
- Periodical monitoring should be taken on the end clamps to ensure that the clamping bolts are not loosen.
- The wheel passing groove (checkrail) should be free from ballast.
- Lifting and reinstallation of the pad, in any case, should be done by trained person.
- Rubber Plug is one of the key components of this system. It is strongly recommended to use MMC branded new rubber Plug, if replacement is required.
- Still incase of any difficulty it is advised to call MMC engineer.
Training of Manpower for Installation
Installation of rubberized level crossing pad on the track is an art and proper training to the people engaged in the installation is important. If installation of rubber pads and concrete beams are not upto the mark the performance may be affected. We provide regular training to our people for better installation with high accuracy.
However we have also scope to provide training to the railway people who will be responsible to open the track in future for their own maintenance purpose.
- We register customer complaint and take actions with immediate effect.
- We provide before and after sales support, feed back to customers, news letters etc.
- We organize seminar for the customers on the subject for exchange of views.